Community : Internship in Apothecary/Drug Store (Storage, Dispensing, Counseling, Reception and Distribution) Hospital : Internship in Hospital (Storage, Dispensing, Purchasing, Supply, Distribution, Visiting) Research: Internship in Universities and Research Institutes (Natural Products, Molecular Synthesis, Biotechnology, Cosmetics, Toxicology, etc.) Pharmaceutical industry : Internship in Industry ( Quality Control, Research & Development, Production, etc.)
Length of training periods
From 2 weeks to 1 month
January to February (Except Investigation) May to June October to November Other months of the year, subject to availability
Available months and cities
- Community / Trujillo, Lima, Arequipa, Cusco, Juliaca and Chimbote
- Hospital / Lima, Trujillo, Cusco, Arequipa
- Research / Lima, Trujillo, Cusco, Arequipa, Ayacucho, Iquitos
- Industry / Lima
** They can be 2 weeks in one city and 2 weeks in another, if there are availability of places.
** The cities and places will be located according to the order of acceptance of students interested in SEP Apefyb, Peru.
The participant of SEP have 2 possibilities: to stay with a host family or stay with students in an apartment. This latter may require a payment depending on the hosting site. The accommodations are usually in the rooms of students' homes or relatives of them where a payment for basic services should be made only if required by the homeowners. *In the case of the participant of SEP may pay some expenses, she/ he will be notified before being accepted to the programme. The payment will not exceed $120 and would be on arrival in our country; and in no case by transfers by international agents or by Internet.
Board, pocket money or other financial benefits/remuneration
- Board paid by: the student/ the host association/ employer/ others? No
- Spending money provided (Yes / No)? No
- Other remuneration: No
- Add any additional information on money that they might need to spend - provide approximate money they will need for food/trips/or additional deposit. 10-20$ per day
Spanish (fluently) English
Minimum year of study: 3rd year
Information on Work Permits and Visa
- type of visa students need to have: Tourist Visa For further information, please visit The Peruvian Embassy in your country and check this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_BsDYxM6hVyVmFkeTdGc1hEVXc
Choice of the exchange student made by the SEO according to: - Order of application with a deadline of 3 months before the SEP - Availability of the preferred period of exchange - Availability of the preferred area of exchange