Finland, FiPSA

Total number of places per year (approximately)
Visit the website
Area possibilities

Most placements are in the area of Community Pharmacy. There are also research possibilities in Universities. Community pharmacy work is mainly logistical, because without a licence, students are not allowed to give any advice about any drugs (OTC or Rx) to customers. We highly recommend hosts to arrange possibilities for students to work as a shadow pharmacist.

Length of training periods

The usual length of training is 2-4 weeks, but the final length of the training can be negotiated with the host.

Summer SEP exchanges are normally held from June to August. Finland participates only to Summer SEP

Available months and cities

All around in Finland: for example in Helsinki (capital), Kuopio (city of University of Eastern Finland), Ii (near Oulu), Turku, Sulkava, Pori etc.

Type accommodation

Usually an apartment or a room in a shared apartment. Students has to pay for the accommodation themselves, and the prices vary depending on the type of the accommodation (approx. 300-700€). Sometimes hosts can offer students accommodation from their home (free). Accommodation will be tried to find close to the location of the host employee. A deposit of one month rent may be required, depending on the landlord. It is recommended that the students are active in the accommodation finding process as well.

Board, pocket money or other financial benefits/remuneration

The employer is recommended to pay the student a salary, which is approximately 1000 € per month (before taxes). Usually the taxes are about 30%. However, THIS MAY VARY, depending on the host, as some may not follow this recommendation. No pocket money or spending money is provided.

Language requirements

Advanced English is required. There are no other language requirements. Swedish or Russian language skills may be beneficial, especially in the area of Community Pharmacy.

Other requirements

In the area of research, it is recommendable to have some experience. No specific requirements otherwise.

Information on Work Permits and Visa

Students from countries outside the EU need work permits and a visa. These documents should be arranged as soon as possible. Do you need a visa for Finland? See more detailed information and the needed documentation from: SEO will provide you a letter of invitation, if that is needed for your visa application.

Selection Procedures

The SEO does a pre-selection but the final choice is made by the host employer. More information on our official Facebook page of the Student Exchange Programme:

The information on this page was last updated on: January 1, 2024 15:08